Partner, Sullivan & Worcester LLP
Joel Telpner, partner in the firm's New York office, is a seasoned advisor, strategist and problem solver. Mr. Telpner brings more than 30 years of legal experience in a career that includes time as an AmLaw 100 partner, the former U.S. general counsel of a global financial institution, and a venture capitalist. He is recognized for his ability to deftly manage complex financial transactions, especially those involving sophisticated structured finance and derivatives matters and has an extensive and unique combination of transactional and regulatory experience.
Mr. Telpner represents a diverse client base, including financial institutions, dealers, corporations, investment managers, mutual funds, hedge funds and pension plans.
He focuses on the following:
- Complex, structured finance and derivatives transactions
- Private mergers and acquisitions transactions
- Capital raising transactions in public and private U.S. and foreign markets
- Risk management and assessment
- Advising early-stage companies on business and strategic plans, budgets, capital structures and raising capital
- Advising senior management on corporate governance, regulatory and compliance matters
- Developing compliance and regulatory policies and procedures
- Providing road maps for managing complex and conflicting financial global regulatory requirements